Square Enix has released two new trailers for Star Ocean: The Divine Force, each dedicated to introducing two companions you’ll encounter in the game. Star Ocean: The Divine Force is due out […]
Square Enix has released two new trailers for Star Ocean: The Divine Force, each dedicated to introducing two companions you’ll encounter in the game.
Star Ocean: The Divine Force is due out on the 27th of October 2022 worldwide for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series. The game is in development at tri-Ace and features a story by Yoshiharu Gotanda (Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness), Satoshi Wagahara (Hataraku Maou-sama!), and Shunsuke Sarai (Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou). The music is being composed by Motoi Sakuraba (Tales of Berseria) and Akiman (Code Geass) is designing the characters.
Character Description via Square Enix:
– Albaird Bergholm – Albaird is a childhood friend of Laeticia’s, he now serves her as a knight of the Kingdom of Aucerius. He excels at semiomancy and the wielding of chakram. His strong sense of loyalty to Laeticia means he is never far from her side. Albaird’s left arm is covered down to his fingertips, and he occasionally gestures as if to protect it.
– Elena – Elena is a crew member of the merchant vessel Ydas and Raymond’s first mate. She manages the operation of just about the entirety of the ship, and her vast knowledge and cool demeanor have earned her the complete trust of Raymond and the crew. Elena is constantly surprised by Raymond’s proclivity for recklessness, but all the same she holds a high opinion of his leadership qualities.
Details via the PlayStation Store:
Fly Around Areas Freely
In Star Ocean: The Divine Force, characters can freely move in 360° degrees and roam the skies.
Move and Explore Freely in Three Dimensions: Everything You See Can Be Explored!
You can move in three dimensions whilst flying around the largest environment ever.
Whether you’re flying around and exploring rockfaces and roofs of buildings in the city, or leaping off cliffs to seamlessly enter battles, you’ll have more freedom in terms of both adventuring and battling.
The Fastest and Strongest Action of Any in the Series
While the game will give you space to play as you please, the scope of its battles has also evolved.
Characters can subdue a large number of enemies with super high-speed movement attacks, special abilities where you can vanish for a brief moment from right in front of your enemies’ eyes, and a skill which could kill in one hit!
This game will feature a challenging yet thrilling battle experience to enjoy while freely soaring in the skies.
Details via Square Enix:
Developed by tri-Ace Inc., Star Ocean: The Divine Force will transport players to an expansive sci-fi fantasy world and take them on an exhilarating journey with fast-paced action combat, rich exploration and an original story. With Star Ocean celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, Star Ocean: The Divine Force builds on that rich history with new features that are sure to delight for many years to come.
The debut trailer showcases various new and returning elements to the Star Ocean franchise that players can look forward to:
– Super-high-speed action battles.
– No random encounters – players will seamlessly enter battles with enemies that populate the world.
– Players can float in the air, dive at enemies and fly around areas.
– Richer exploration – climb towering mountains, venture into dark, vast valleys and investigate the castles and towns present in the world.
Showcasing a diverse cast of playable characters, Star Ocean: The Divine Force will tell a gripping story that seamlessly melds science fiction and fantasy elements and can be enjoyed by newcomers to the series and veterans alike. The game features dual protagonists, which offer different story perspectives and gameplay experiences: Raymond, the captain of the space trading ship, Ydas, and Laeticia, the princess-knight of a kingdom on an underdeveloped planet. Fate will bring Raymond, Laeticia, and several other ally characters together, all designed by renowned artist Akiman (Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, Street Fighter series).
And here are some additional details:
A game for the 25th anniversary of the Star Ocean series.
Star Ocean: The Divine Force is the latest title in the RPG series Star Ocean, coming from Square Enix and developer tri-Ace.
The first game in the series was released in 1996, and up until now five mainline games, one spin-off game, and one smartphone game have been produced.
The game features a story that blends fantasy and sci-fi settings, a plethora of different playable characters and side stories, and a unique battle system that allows for thrilling fights using simple and instinctive controls.
At the end of Infinite space… the fate of the universe awakens when our two heroes cross paths.
– In Star Ocean: The Divine Force, you can fly around areas freely.
– In this game, characters can move freely in 360 degrees and can also fly in the sky.
– Move and explore freely in three dimensions: everything you see is part of the field!
– You can move in three dimensions whilst flying around the largest fields ever.
– Whether you’re flying around and exploring rockfaces and roofs of buildings in the city, or leaping off cliffs to seamlessly enter battles, you’ll have more freedom in terms of both adventuring and battling.
– This Star Ocean game has the fastest and strongest action of any entry in the series.
– This play experience where you play as you please has also helped to evolve the battles.
– Characters can subdue a large number of enemies with super high-speed movement attacks, an action where you can vanish for a brief moment from right in front of your enemies’ eyes, and a skill which could kill in one hit!
– This game will feature a challenging yet thrilling battle experience to enjoy while freely soaring in the skies.
The Pangalactic Federation. From their earliest days in the Sol System, this organization has sought to bring peace and tranquility to the galactic multitudes. As their reach has expanded through the universe, many a hero has served under their banner; saviors to planets in need. But by the year 583 SD, things have changed. The once peaceful Pangalactic Federation is now known for assimilating planets against their will. Once standing for justice, they are now wreathed in darkness.
Raymond, captain of the merchant vessel Ydas, departs from the nonfederated planet of Verguld on a standard transport mission. The job is simple, the route familiar, yet things go awry when the Ydas is attacked by the Astoria: a battleship carrying a member of the Pangalactic Federation’s preeminent Kenny family. Raymond and his crewmate Chloe are forced to abandon ship amidst the chaos and head for the remote, underdeveloped planet of Aster IV. Before their escape pods can even land, a burst of energy resembling an EMP from the planet’s surface knocks out their systems and brings them crashing down. They find themselves separated and stranded on an unfamiliar planet.
Upon landing, Raymond is immediately attacked by some of the less-than-friendly local wildlife. But when all seems lost, his life is saved by the crown princess of the Kingdom of Aucerius: Laeticia. Marveled by the sudden appearance of this man who rode into her life on a “shooting star,” Laeticia asks Raymond to help save her kingdom from the threat of the neighboring Vey’l Empire. He accepts in exchange for help finding Chloe. So begins their journey on Aster IV. However, Raymond will soon discover he has yet to escape the shadow of the Pangalactic Federation.
“Whence do you hail, Ray?”
“I’m from another world—one that’s far, far away in the sky.”
This encounter, and the ensuing stand against an overwhelming power, marks a new chapter in galactic history.
The Dual Protagonist System
Science-fiction and fantasy protagonists from two different civilizations collide in a story experienced from each character’s perspective.
The “dual protagonist” system has made its comeback. The story of this magnificent ocean of stars unfolds through the eyes of a protagonist from an advanced civilization (sci-fi), and one from an undeveloped planet (fantasy). The events which take place during the story, and who will be your allies at the end of the game, will also change depending on the protagonist you choose!
Albaird Bergholm Trailer: