Atlus has released a new trailer for Persona 5 The Royal detailing the changes to the game. The trailer, titled Morgana’s Report #1, features Morgana narrating the new additions to the game. In this episode Morgana talks about the new characters and scenarios in the game, including one where a handsome guy ends up in the same bed as the protagonist. He also talks about Kichijoji, a new area in the game, the aquarium date spot, spending time with Caroline and Justine outside of the velvet room and new enemies in the game.
The next episode of Morgana’s Report is out in June 2019 so it’s likely that we’ll get more information about the game then. Persona 5 The Royal releases on the 31st of October 2019 in Japan and comes West in 2020, exclusively on the PlayStation 4.
Sony Interactive Entertainment Bend Studio’s Days Gone is continuing its spectacular commercial performance, topping the weekly Japanese charts and having a better opening week than both Guerrilla Games’ Horizon Zero Dawn and Sony Santa Monica Studio’s God of War. Days Gone sold over 114,000 copies in it’s first week, beating Horizon Zero Dawn which sold 109,000 copies and God of War which only managed around 50,000 copies. Only Naughty Dog’s Uncharted 4 and Insomniac’s Spider-Man performed better, selling 124,000 and 132,000 copies respectively. Days Gone also topped the Spanish charts but no detailed numbers have been revealed as of yet. Days Gone seems to be selling splendidly in every region it’s available in despite the games critical reception, which was mixed at best.
Bandai Namco Entertainment has announced that the Tales of series has surpassed over 20 million copies sold, the first Tales of game, Tales of Phantasia for Super Famicom, was released in 1995. The latest game in the series, Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition for the PlayStation 4, PC, Switch and Xbox One, was released on the 11th of January 2019. A new console Tales of game is currently in development, no other details have been revealed.
Electronic Arts has announced that they are in “advanced negotiations” to bring Respawn Entertainment’s free-to-play battle royale game, Apex Legends, to mobile devices and other regions, such as China and Korea. Apex Legends is EA’s fastest growing game, gaining over 50 million players within just one month of release. More impressive is that nearly 30% of all Apex Legends players were new additions to their audience. Apex Legends is currently available on the PlayStation 4, PC and Xbox One.
Daiki Itoh, director of Persona 5 The Royal, and Kazuhisa Wada, the producer, have revealed new information about the game in a recent interview with Famitsu. Here’s the rundown:
- The subtitle “The Royal” was chosen to express the teams enthusiasm to make a gorgeous game.
- The third semester volume of the game is being made in a way that will go beyond the expectations of Persona 4 Golden players.
- Kasumi is a confidant that you can level up, she will add a new perspective to the story and will expose the Phantom Thieves in a new light. As you play through the game you will see a new side to her, one that is different from the trailers.
- Maruki is also a confidant that you can level up, he is an extremely nice guy.
- There are more new unannounced confidants in the game.
- There is a scene where a mysterious handsome guy sleeps in the same bed as the Protagonist.
- The game is will make it easier to earn experience points so that it can be played at a higher tempo.
- Player assist will consider you parameters and confidants, then it will suggest a destination, which you can move to with the press of a button.
- If you have an existing Persona 5 save file you will get a bonus in Persona 5 The Royal but your save won’t carry through.
- Persona 5 The Royal has 20 new background songs.
Persona 5 The Royal will be releasing on the 31st of October 2019 in Japan, exclusively on the PlayStation 4, the game is also due out in the West in 2020.
The PlayStation Now additions for May 2019 have been announced, nine new games and one PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4 upgrade will be joining the subscription service. No games will be delisted from the service in May 2019. Here’s what’s coming to PlayStation Now in May 2019:
- 8-Bit Armies (PS4)
- Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)
- Brawlout (PS4)
- Dangerous Golf (PS4)
- Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game (PS4)
- Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom (PS3)
- Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Ultimate Edition (PS3)
- Miko Gakkout Monogatari: Kaede Episode (PS4)
- Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter (PS4)
- Tales of Zestiria (PS4 Upgrade)
Daiki Itoh, director of Persona 4 Golden and lead confidant planner of Persona 5, will be directing Persona 5 The Royal, replacing Katsura Hashino. Hashino-san has now moved on to Project Re Fantasy for the PlayStation 4. Kazuhisa Wada, chief designer of Persona 4 Golden and director of Persona 4 Arena, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, and Persona 4: Dancing All Night, will be producing the game. Persona 5 The Royal will be releasing on the 31st of October 2019 in Japan, exclusively on the PlayStation 4, the game is also due out in the West in 2020.