Sony Group Corporation has released its financial results for the second quarter of the 2022 financial year, this is for the three-month period ending on the 30th of September 2022. Below you can find a breakdown of both Sony’s overall performance and Sony Interactive Entertainment’s performance.
- 3.3 million PlayStation 5 consoles were shipped over the three-month period, total PS5 shipments have now surpassed 25 million. The PS5 is tracking behind the PS4 due to stock shortages, the PS4 had shipped 29.3 million units in the same timeframe.
- 62.5 million games were sold across the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, 6.7 million of which were published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- The digital ratio for the three-month period was 63%.
- PlayStation Plus subscriptions are over 45.4 million, this is a 4% decrease from the previous quarter.
- Network Services (PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Store Ads) revenue was ¥117.01B for the three-month period, a record high.
- Monthly active users on PS4 and PS5 are over 102 million, this is down 2 million year-over-year.
- This was the best Q2 revenue performance for PlayStation.
Sony Financial Performance:
- Revenue: ¥2,751.9B / $19.9B (up 16.14% year-over-year)
- Operating Profit: ¥344B / $2.49B (up 8.01% year-over-year)
- Net Profit: ¥264B / $1.91B (up 23.89% year-over-year)
PlayStation Financial Performance:
- Revenue: ¥720.7B / $5.21B (up 11.7% year-over-year)
- Operating Profit: ¥42.1B / $0.305B (up 15.9% year-over-year)
- PlayStation 5 Consoles Shipped: 3.3 million
- PlayStation 5 Life To Date: 25 million
- Software Sold: 62.5 million
- Digital Ratio: 63%
- PlayStation Plus Subscribers: 45.4 million
- Monthly Active Users: 102 million