Ubisoft has announced that Assassin’s Creed Mirage will release in 2023 for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series and Luna. The game is in development at […]
Ubisoft has announced that Assassin’s Creed Mirage will release in 2023 for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series and Luna. The game is in development at Ubisoft Bordeaux, the support studio for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
Assassin’s Creed Mirage will see the game return to its roots as opposed to the more RPG-focused direction Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla took. Basim, a secondary character from Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will serve as the protagonist as previous leaks stated. The game will also feature new stealth and parkour animations.
Ubisoft has also confirmed that Assassin’s Creed Mirage will cost $49.99 for the standard edition release, seemingly confirming leaks that the game was originally planned as an expansion for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
Details via Ubisoft:
In the ninth century CE, Baghdad is at its height, leading the world in science, art, innovation, and commerce. Amid its bustling urban landscape, a conflicted young orphan with a tragic past must navigate the streets to survive.
In Assassin’s Creed Mirage, you are Basim, a cunning street thief with nightmarish visions, seeking answers and justice. After an act of deadly retribution, Basim flees Baghdad and joins an ancient organization—The Hidden Ones. As he learns their mysterious rituals and powerful tenets, he will hone his unique abilities, discover his true nature, and come to understand a new Creed—one that will change his fate in ways he never could have imagined.
– A Powerful Coming-of-Age Story – Discover a narrative-driven action–adventure experience that follows the transformation of a defiant young man into a refined Master Assassin with a conflicted destiny. Meet an inspiring cast of characters who will shape Basim’s destiny and may be more than what they seem…
– The Ultimate Assassin – Become the most versatile Assassin in franchise history. Parkour seamlessly through the city and leverage the largest assortment of tools to date. Get contracts at the Assassin’s bureaus, collect vital clues, and stealthily take down targets with more visceral assassinations than ever before.
– An Immersive, Reactive City – Explore a dense and vibrant city whose inhabitants react to your every move. Uncover the secrets of four unique districts, from the industrial Karkh to the lush gardens of the Round City. Discover surprising world events and interact with historical figures that shaped the Golden Age of Baghdad.
– A Tribute to an Original – Experience a modern take on the features and gameplay that have defined a franchise for 15 years. Journey to Alamut, the legendary home of the Assassins who laid the foundations of the Creed in this heartfelt homage to the game that started it all.
– Basim – Originally born in Samarra, Basim lost his mother at a young age and grew up on his own in the streets of Baghdad. Basim admires the Hidden Ones, and dreams of joining them.
– Roshan – After escaping a life of oppression, Roshan became a master assassin at the Hidden Ones’ stronghold, Alamut. Now, she takes Basim under her wing as her first true apprentice.
More characters coming soon.