Twin Engine has announced that it is producing a second season of Mahoutsukai No Yome (The Ancient Magus’ Bride), the second season will premiere in the Spring of 2023. The cast from the first season will reprise their roles. More details will be shared at a later stage. The
The anime adaptation is based on Kore Yamazaki’s manga series, Yamazaki-san began the series in 2013 and it has since shipped over 10 million copies worldwide. The series has produced over 17 volumes worth of content and has several spin-off manga in production.
More details about the anime will be shared at a later stage.
- Studio: Studio Kafka
- Director: Kazuaki Terasawa (Mahoutsukai no Yome: Nishi no Shounen to Seiran no Kishi)
- Script: Aya Takaha (Mahoutsukai no Yome), Youko Yonaiyama (Uma Musume: Pretty Derby), Chiaki Nishinaka (Vivy: Fluorite Eye’s Song)
- Chief Animation Director: Kouhei Tokuoka (Bungou Stray Dogs)
- Editing: Daisuke Imai (Houseki no Kuni)
- Music: Junichi Matsumoto (Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito)
- Music Production: flying DOG (Samurai Champloo)
- Sound Director: Shouji Hata (Yuukoku no Moriarty)
- Sound Effects: Noriko Izumo (Natsume Yuujinchou San)
Chise Hatori, a 15-year-old Japanese girl, was sold for five million pounds at an auction to a tall masked gentleman. Abandoned at a young age and ridiculed by her peers for her unconventional behavior, she was ready to give herself to any buyer if it meant having a place to go home to. In chains and on her way to an unknown fate, she hears whispers from robed men along her path, gossiping and complaining that such a buyer got his hands on a rare “Sleigh Beggy.”
Ignoring the murmurs, the mysterious man leads the girl to a study, where he reveals himself to be Elias Ainsworth—a magus. After a brief confrontation and a bit of teleportation magic, the two open their eyes to Elias’ picturesque cottage in rural England. Greeted by fairies and surrounded by weird and wonderful beings upon her arrival, these events mark the beginning of Chise’s story as the apprentice and supposed bride of the ancient magus.