Capcom has confirmed that Juri and Kimberly, a ninja obsessed with 80’s pop culture, will be joining the Street Fighter 6 roster. Both characters were in the leaked roster for […]
Capcom has confirmed that Juri and Kimberly, a ninja obsessed with 80’s pop culture, will be joining the Street Fighter 6 roster. Both characters were in the leaked roster for the game, which Capcom acknowledged. Street Fighter 6 is due out in 2023 on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC and Xbox Series.
Here is the leaked character roster:
- E. Honda
- Dee Jay
Character Details via the PlayStation Blog:
Kimberly: A New Era is Here
Bust out some beats and shake up your spray cans to welcome the newest ninja to Street Fighter 6. Kimberly invited herself to become Guy’s student, who is the 39th Successor to Bushinryu after defeating his master Zeku, the 38th Successor. Kimberly had an ordinary upbringing, but she’s a prodigy who graduated college early and now wants to be a full-fledged ninja. She is infatuated with ’80s pop culture when the portable cassette player was at its peak popularity, hence why she always carries one with her.
Takayuki Nakayama: In terms of Kimberly’s design, we aimed to create an outfit suitable for her speedy and acrobatic movements since she excels in sports like track-and-field and cheerleading. Pair her brightly colored gi with sneakers suitable for moving around quickly, and you have Bushinryu-like ninja attire, don’t you think? We tried to make her hairstyle and outfit beautifully showcase her striking silhouette since she is an expert at running and airborne attacks. The spray can and portable cassette player on her waist are also used for special moves.
The music she listens to originates from a certain person, but you will have to wait for the story to find out who that is. Let’s see how Kimberly, the Ninja + Pop Star = Ninja Star, performs.
According to Nakayama, Kimberly’s arsenal of techniques make use of her high physical strength and allows her to open up opponents in various ways. Being a spunky new ninja, Kimberly incorporates an urban twist to reimagine what Bushinryu means to her. She uses Genius at Play to stock up on a spray can, which can then be thrown to the ground as a Shuriken Bomb. During Hidden Variable, Kimberly conceals herself in colorful smoke before instantly appearing in front of an opponent for a surprise attack. Finally, she has the trademark ninja Sprint, which can be followed up with kick options or Arc Step where Kimberly launches herself off from the opponent.
Juri: Something Wicked is Coming
First appearing in Super Street Fighter IV, Juri remains a sadistic thrillseeker who enjoys the suffering of others, taking immense joy in obliterating her foes. Previously, her main motivator was revenge against M. Bison, but since his fall in Street Fighter V, she now whittles away her time in a gloomy haze. What lies in store for her now?
Takayuki Nakayama: For Juri, this costume retains the image from her Super Street Fighter IV one, but has been rearranged to fit the Street Fighter 6 aesthetic. There is also a change in the hairstyle, which I think gives it extra personality.
Underneath her jacket, black tape that imitates the appearance of a spider covers her body. The colors of her Feng Shui Engine are purple, black, and white, and accented with emerald green. Also, please pay attention to her helmet, as you may have seen in the trailer when she appears on her motorcycle, since it matches her design. Her smart phone also reflects her personality and style, don’t you think?
Fans of Juri will be wickedly pleased to know she retains many of her past moves with different properties now. Fuhajin returns where Juri performs an upwards kick and stores Fuha stocks upon completion. Saihasho, Ankensatsu, and Go Ohsatsu are newly named special moves, but may be visually familiar in the form of the low projectile or jumping axe kick. While these can now be performed without having to expend Fuha stocks, they can be chained together and powered up if a Fuha stock is available.
Finally, Juri’s Shiku-sen, a flying dive kick, returns from Super Street Fighter IV, which can be followed up with a series of flashy airborne kicks. This opens up more creative options for Juri’s playstyle and can catch an opponent off guard.
Details via Capcom:
Here comes Capcom’s newest challenger! Street Fighter 6 launches worldwide in 2023 and represents the next evolution of the Street Fighter series which has sold more than 47 million units since its debut 35 years ago. Powered by Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Street Fighter 6 spans three distinct game modes, including Fighting Ground, World Tour and Battle Hub. The experience also includes innovative new gameplay features, plus enhanced visuals for every aspect of the game.
In addition to new gameplay innovations, Street Fighter 6 celebrates what fans love about the franchise by uniting core modes from previous titles – including Arcade Mode, online matches, Training Mode, local versus battles and more – to the Fighting Ground experience. From iconic World Warriors like Ryu and Chun-Li, to the final addition to the Street Fighter V roster Luke, and the new expert breakdancer / drunken boxer Jamie, players will have a wide range of fighting styles and skills to master.
– Classic Experience Built for a Modern Era – With all core gameplay modes present, plus two brand new modes and enhanced visuals, Street Fighter 6 redefines the classic fighting game genre.
– Diverse Fighting Styles to Master – Returning in Street Fighter 6 are Ryu, Chun-Li and Luke, all of whom have undergone striking redesigns for this new generation. Joining them is a brand new challenger, Jamie, who will add his own flair to the game with his unpredictable move set.
– Brand New Game Modes – The Street Fighter franchise continues to hone its skills and redefine the fighting genre with the introduction of three new foundational modes—Fighting Ground, World Tour, and Battle Hub.
– Fighting Ground – Street Fighter 6 unites core fighting modes from previous titles—including Arcade Mode, online matches, Training Mode, local versus battles and more—to the Fighting Ground experience.
– World Tour – World Tour is a single-player immersive story mode that pushes the boundaries of what a fighting game is and allows players to leave their own legacy with their player avatar.
– Battle Hub – Battle Hub is a destination that provides players with new and unique ways to engage, communicate and interact.
– In-Game Commentating – Street Fighter‘s first-ever Real-Time Commentary Feature, supported with subtitles in 13 languages, incorporates the voices of popular Fighting Game Community (FGC) commentators like Vicious and Aru directly into the game to narrate what is happening on-screen just like a real tournament.
– New Control Scheme – The Classic Control Type returns alongside a brand new option, the Modern Control Type, which allows players to jump straight into the action with simplified inputs.
– Battle System Built for Creativity – Street Fighter 6 introduces the Drive System, a new gauge used to perform five distinct techniques that enhance a player’s offensive or defensive capabilities.