PS Deals, a third-party website that tracks the prices of PlayStation Store games, has posted new pages for Tactics Ogre: Reborn. The page claims that the game will release on the 11th of November 2022 and that it will have native PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 versions. Pricing for the game is not available.
The page description also reveals that the remaster will have fully voiced cutscenes, improved enemy AI, improved visuals and sound, auto-save, a re-recorded soundtrack and much more. The page also confirms that the PS4 version of the game will include a free PS5 upgrade.
A listing for Tactics Ogre: Reborn was discovered on the backend of the PlayStation Network last month and the Nvidia leak also listed a Tactics Ogre remaster. Square Enix has yet to announce the remaster but it did file the Tactics Ogre: Reborn trademark earlier this year in Japan.
PlayStation Store Description:
This product entitles you to download both the digital PlayStation 4 version and the digital PlayStation 5 version of this game.
Tactics Ogre, crown jewel of the tactical role-playing genre, is reborn!
Based on the 2010 release, the game features improved graphics and sound, as well as updated game design, bringing to life a new Tactics Ogre that remains true to its roots.
– A tactical role-playing game depicting the struggle for control of the Valerian Isles.
– Your choices affect how the story unfolds, and even how it ends, with a game system that allows for multiple paths through the game and multiple endings. The story takes place through the eyes of a young man named Denam. The decisions he makes will alter the fate of those around him, and shift the course of Valeria’s history.
– Fight pitched tactical battles on three-dimensional battlefields. The completely revamped AI enables enemies to adapt their tactics to the situation, providing a battle system that always keeps you thinking and never grows old.
– The class-wide level management system used in Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (2010) has changed to a unit-by-unit level system. Theorycraft your way through endless combinations of classes, equipment, skills, and magic.
– Enjoy numerous playability improvements, such as a quicker pace of battle, auto save, and a complete overhaul to the controls and UI to make it easier to get into the game than ever.
– The unparalleled details of the characters and backgrounds from the original Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (1995) have been painstakingly recreated in high definition.
– The cutscenes are fully voiced in English and Japanese, and all of the music has been rerecorded with live performances! The voices bring new life to the complex motivations of the characters that make up the factions and shifting political alliances of this epic story.
– When you advance far enough in the game you’ll unlock the World Tarot, enabling you to travel back in the story with the power of your forces intact; an incredibly useful feature in a game where your choices have such a huge impact on how the story unfolds. If you wonder what a different choice would have led to, now you can find out!
– Traveling back isn’t limited to the story; the Chariot Tarot lets you rewind up to a certain number of moves during battle. In a game of tactical battles where a single mistake can mean the difference between victory and defeat, you can play without worrying that you’ll back yourself into a corner.
– Enjoy a wealth of endgame content such as the 100-level Palace of the Dead.
If you already own the PlayStation 4 version of this game, you can get the PlayStation 5 digital version at no extra cost and you do not need to purchase this product. Owners of a PlayStation 4 disc copy must insert it into the PlayStation 5 every time they want to download or play the PlayStation 5 digital version. PlayStation 4-game-disc owners who buy the PlayStation 5 Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PlayStation 5 version at no extra cost.
Offline Single-Player: Remote Play allows users to connect to and play games on their PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 using a mobile device, PC, or another PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
Offline play enabled.