Naoki Yoshida (Yoshi-P), producer of Final Fantasy XVI, has revealed new information about the game through various interviews as part of the marketing build-up. Yoshida-san has also confirmed that a new trailer […]
Naoki Yoshida (Yoshi-P), producer of Final Fantasy XVI, has revealed new information about the game through various interviews as part of the marketing build-up. Yoshida-san has also confirmed that a new trailer for the game will be released in the Fall of 2022 and it will provide a more in-depth look at the story, lore and world of Final Fantasy XVI.
Here is a rundown of the new information provided:
- Final Fantasy XVI is currently playable from start to finish.
- Voice-overs for the game are still being recorded.
- The game will take quite some time during the playtest phase because of the action-orientated gameplay, the development team also want to fine-tune the difficulty.
- The development team are working on full-scale debugging and polishing up cutscenes.
- The development team chose the medieval fantasy theme because they prefer it, Yoshida-san included.
- Players will follow Clive, the protagonist of the game, in three stages; his teens, his 20’s and his 30’s.
- Final Fantasy XVI will not be open-world, instead, the game will use “independent area-based game design that can give players a better feel of a truly ‘global’ scale”.
- Final Fantasy XVI will have party members, Clive will always have at least one person in his party.
- Party members engage in banter with Clive, players will not be able to control party members.
- Eikons are controllable during certain instances of the game, each will have its own unique UI. Yoshi-san has claimed that certain Eikon battles will feel like an FPS game whilst others will feel like a wrestling match.
- Clive’s moveset is controlled in real-time, he can get new abilities from other Eikons, each of which has its own skill tree.
- Final Fantasy XVI will be a complete experience at launch, there are currently no plans for expansions.
- The wolf in the game is named Torgal, Yoshi-P is unwilling to reveal more about his role and has asked fans to “wait and see”.
Final Fantasy XVI is currently in development for the PlayStation 5, it will release in the Summer of 2023.
Play-Asia Affiliate Link:
Disclaimer: Clicking on the link may result in Brotaku receiving a commission fee.