A new job listing from Firesprite, one of Sony Interactive Entertainment’s recent acquisitions, has revealed that the studio is working on a AAA horror game built on Unreal Engine 5. No other details about the game were revealed. Firesprite is also co-developing Horizon Call of the Mountain for PSVR2 with Guerrilla Games and is rumored to be working on the Twisted Metal reboot after the project was pulled from Lucid Games.
Here’s the official job listing:
Would you enjoy the freedom to create AAA first party PlayStation games working from anywhere in the UK including our Liverpool studio?
We are looking for a Narrative Director to join our development team for a AAA narrative driven horror-adventure game in Unreal 5. The Narrative Director is responsible for the project storytelling, helping establish & consider the game’s universe and lore, with responsibility for the quality implementation of narrative content for project milestones and ultimately the game’s release.
– Establish and evolve project narrative direction and frameworks.
– Maintain the structural quality of the story as well as the general quality of writing.
– Ensure storytelling/narrative development delivers alongside the traditional disciplines as a major department within the development team structure.
– Tailor content to maximise narrative related gameplay opportunities.
– Perform reviews on project milestones, identifying key iteration to develop world class storytelling.
– Oversight, planning, and growth of an exceptional Narrative team
– Convincingly present ideas and concepts to the development team and to external parties to executive level.
– Contribute to, establish, and evolve project franchise plans, working alongside cross media partners and considering sequel/future content opportunities.
– ‘Veteran’ levels of experience in game writing / narrative direction
– Encyclopaedic knowledge of storytelling techniques and structure across different mediums, including interactive and branching fiction
– Shipped critically acclaimed games in a Narrative Director/lead level position
– Understanding of how collaboration with traditional game development disciplines can enhance and complement narrative
– Clear and confident communication style
– Outgoing, positive, leadership style
– Private Healthcare Plan
– Bonus Scheme
– Enhanced Holiday Allowance
– Pension Plans
– Work From Home
– Training & Development
– Employee Assistance Programme – Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.