Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced that it will be relaunching PlayStation Plus in June with a new three-tiered subscription model. Beginning in June 2022 PlayStation Plus will be available in the “Essential,” “Extra,” and “Premium” tiers, the Essential tier will be the standard PlayStation Plus membership we know, whilst Extra will add access to a catalogue of 400 PS4 and PS5 games. The Premium tier will include an additional 340 games for PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PSP and PS3 (streaming only). It will also offer streaming access for games and access to exclusive trials.
Sony Interactive Entertainment has also confirmed that markets that don’t have cloud streaming will get PlayStation Plus Deluxe, which will be slightly cheaper than PlayStation Plus Premium. This tier will give you everything included in the Essential and Extra tiers with the catalogue of downloadable games from the PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and PSP generations. All existing PlayStation Now members will be upgraded to PlayStation Plus Premium when the service launches. More details about what games will be coming to the new PlayStation Plus will be revealed closer to the launch.
The relaunch of PlayStation Plus will begin in June with Asian markets followed by North American and European markets and finally the rest of the world. Sony Interactive Entertainment plans to have the new PlayStation Plus available worldwide “by the end of the first half of 2022”. The Extra and Essential tiers of PlayStation Plus will also launch with Death Stranding, God of War (2018), Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11, and Returnal.
Tier Breakdown via Sony Interactive Entertainment:
PlayStation Plus Essential
Provides the same benefits that PlayStation Plus members are getting today, such as:
– Two monthly downloadable games
– Exclusive discounts
– Cloud storage for saved games
– Online multiplayer access
There are no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members in this tier.
PlayStation Plus Extra
– Provides all the benefits from the Essential tier
– Adds a catalog of up to 400* of the most enjoyable PS4 and PS5 games – including blockbuster hits from our PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party partners. Games in the Extra tier are downloadable for play.
– United States $14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly
– Europe €13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly
– United Kingdom £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly
– Japan ¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly
PlayStation Plus Premium
– Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers
– Adds up to 340* additional games, including:
– PS3 games available via cloud streaming
– A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download option from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations
– Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.
– Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.
– United States $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly
– Europe €16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly
– United Kingdom £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly
– Japan ¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly
PlayStation Plus Deluxe (Select Markets):
For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium, and includes a catalog of beloved classic games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations to download and play, along with time-limited game trials. Benefits from Essential and Extra tiers are also included. Local pricing will vary by market.
Leave a Reply