Techland has announced that Dying Light 2: Stay Human has gone gold ahead of its February 2022 release for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, Switch, Xbox One and Xbox Series. Going gold means that the development of the game is now complete and the game is ready to be printed on physical media.
Here’s what Tymon Smektala, designer of the game, had to say:
We are very excited about this and now we can truly feel that this is actually happening!” said lead game designer Tymon Smektala in a press release. After so many years of hard work we are proudly looking forward to the release of Dying Light 2: Stay Human. This is it. The final and crucial moment for us. The game is ready to be manufactured, but we will not slow down. The fact that the game is done and we hit the gold status two months before the release is a great sign but it doesn’t mean that our work ends here. There are still some upgrades and tweaks to add, and community feedback to implement, but the base is solid and ready to play. I’m extremely proud of the whole team!
Details via Techland:
Over twenty years ago in Harran, we fought the virus—and lost. Now, we’re losing again. The City, one of the last large human settlements, is torn by conflict. Civilization has fallen back into the Dark Ages. And yet, we still have hope.
You are a wanderer with the power to change the fate of The City. But your exceptional abilities come at a price. Haunted by memories you cannot decipher, you set out to learn the truth… and find yourself in a combat zone. Hone your skills, as to defeat your enemies and make allies, you’ll need both fists and wits. Unravel the dark secrets behind the wielders of power, choose sides and decide your destiny. But wherever your actions take you, there’s one thing you can never forget—stay human.
– Vast Open World – Participate in the life of a city engulfed in a new dark era. Discover different paths and hidden passages, as you explore its multiple levels and locations.
– Creative and Brutal Combat – Take advantage of your parkour skills to tip the scales of even the most brutal encounter. Clever thinking, traps and creative weapons will be your best friends.
– Day and Night Cycle – Wait for night to venture into dark hideouts of the Infected. Sunlight keeps them at bay, but once it’s gone, monsters begin the hunt, leaving their lairs free to explore.
– Choices and Consequences – Shape the future of The City with your actions and watch how it changes. Determine the balance of power by making choices in a growing conflict and forge your own experience.
– Two-to-Four Player Co-Op Gameplay – Play in up to four-player co-op. Host your own games or join others and see how their choices have played out differently than yours.