A new census report from luckybancho has revealed that Final Fantasy XIV has surpassed 1.62 million active players, this is the total paid membership players and excludes people playing through the free trial. This is up 420,000 since July 2021 when the game had hit 1.2 million active players. This figure does not include players from China and Korea as both markets have their own independent servers. It is estimated that there are between 400,000 to 500,000 active players in China.
The report also states that the Endwalker expansion for the game has sold around 860,000 copies to date. The expansion is due out on the 7th of December 2021 for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PC, pre-ordering the expansion grants you early access and according to the report 860,000 meet the requirements for it. The only official number that we have from Square Enix is that Final Fantasy XIV has surpassed 24 million players and that it is the most profitable game in the series.
Here are some other stats:
- The North American servers now has more characters than the European and Japanese servers combined.
- The North American servers now has more than double the number of characters than the Japanese servers.
- Over 331,000 players have returned to the game since July 2021.
- Each World in the North American servers has increased by around 15,000 characters.
- There are over 300,000 new characters above level 61.
- The last three months has brought in more players than the Shadowbringers expansion did.