Kodansha has announced that Yuki Sato’s Tomodachi Game (Friends Games) manga series is getting an anime adaptation, the anime is scheduled to premiere in April 2022. Sato-san launched the Tomodachi Game manga in 2013, it has produced 19 volumes worth of content and is currently in its final arc. The manga has also received two live-action movie adaptations.
- Studio: Okuruto Noboru (Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu season 2)
- Director: Hirofumi Ogura (Kuroshitsuji II)
- Series Composition/Script: Kenta Ihara (Youjo Senki)
- Character Design: Satomi Miyazaki (Shingeki no Kyoujin)
- Chiaki Kobayashi (Vinland Saga – Askeladd) as Yuuichi Katagiri
- Daiki Hamano (Darling in the FranXX – Gorou) as Tenji Mikasa
- Yume Miyamoto (SSSS.Gridman – Rikka Takarada) as Shiho Sawaragi
- Tomohiro Ono as Makoto Shibe
- Satomi Amano (Tamayomi – Tamaki Yamazaki) as Yutori Kokorogi
Katagiri Yuuichi believes that friends are more important than money, but he also knows the hardships of not having enough funds. He works hard to save up in order to go on the high school trip, because he has promised his four best friends that they will all go together. However, after the class’ money is all collected, it’s stolen! Suspicion falls on two of Yuuichi’s friends, Sawaragi Shiho and Shibe Makoto.
Soon afterwards, the five of them are kidnapped, and wake up in a strange room with a character from a short-lived anime. Apparently, one of them has entered them into a “friendship game” in order to take care of their massive debt. But who was it, and why did they have such a debt? Could they have stolen the money from class to pay for entry into the game? Yuuichi and his best friends will have to succeed in psychological games that will test or destroy their faith in one another.