Guerrilla Games has posted a job listing for a Senior Social Systems Designer for their multiplayer project, the job listing reveals a few hints about the upcoming multiplayer project that […]
Guerrilla Games has posted a job listing for a Senior Social Systems Designer for their multiplayer project, the job listing reveals a few hints about the upcoming multiplayer project that seems to rule out any possibility of it being a Killzone game. The job listing requires applicants to have experience and “detailed knowledge” about role-playing games, both single-player and online. The job listing also reveals that applicants will be expected to “create Guild-like groups to explore together”.
Guerrilla Games were rumored to be working on a new Killzone game when Simon Larouche, director of Rainbow Six Siege and a member of the Killzone 2 development team, joined Guerrilla Games in 2018. The job description however makes this seem like the new project a Guerrilla is a GaaS (games as a service) title with RPG elements, which sounds more like Horizon than Killzone. We know that Guerrilla Games wanted to have a co-op mode for Horizon Zero Dawn but ultimately scrapped it as it would have required them to cut other content.
Horizon Forbidden West has been confirmed to be a single-player only game, no other details about the other upcoming project from Guerrilla Games were revealed. Horizon Forbidden West is due out on the 18th of February 2022 for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.
Guerrilla is looking for an experienced Senior Social Systems Designer with a passion for player communities and social features. Reporting to the Lead Game Designer, you will work within a core team of multiple designers focused on social systems and player engagements, and take charge to ensure quality feature delivery. Leveraging your background and experience in Systems Design, you will ideate, create and share innovative features to build, engage, and nurture player interactions and relationships.
As a Senior Social Systems Designer, you can expect to:
– Design features and systems to promote a healthy and fun experience for our player community, engage players in social interactions to create lasting relationships, and where compatible players can create Guild-like groups to explore together
– Collaborate with different teams to integrate moderation tools promoting a safe community
– Explore creative ways players can connect with others in-game
– Work closely with your Lead and Producers to ensure a timely delivery of design documents and in-game features
– Coordinate with QA to make sure game features are fully tested and stable
– Analyze and parse playtest data to extract actionable tasks
– Analyze how games utilize social interactions to promote player-to-player bond