WayForward has announced that the original Shantae game will be coming to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, the game will be available on the consoles “soon”. WayForward also confirmed […]
WayForward has announced that the original Shantae game will be coming to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, the game will be available on the consoles “soon”. WayForward also confirmed that Shantae, Shantae: Risky’s Revenge, Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition and Shantae and the Seven Sirens will be coming to the PS5, owners of the games on PS4 will be eligible for a free PS5 upgrade. More details will be revealed at a later date.
Details via WayForward:
Having sold more than three million copies worldwide since its debut in 2002, the acclaimed Shantae series tells the story of Shantae, the hair-whipping, belly-dancing, shape-shifting, Half-Genie guardian of Scuttle Town. Along with friends such as Bolo, Sky, and Rottytops the zombie, she protects the land from nefarious pirates and other dastardly threats. The line-up of action-adventure-platformers consists of five titles, each sold separately:
– Shantae — The one that started it all! Experience Shantae’s classic original adventure and stop the self-proclaimed Queen of the Seven Seas, Risky Boots, from finding four powerful elemental stones! Now with trophies for the first time!
– Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut — Risky Boots is back with another sinister scheme! Put an end to her plans by acquiring three Magic Seals from the devious Barons of Sequin Land.
– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse — Shantae sets sail for swashbuckling action as she gains new Pirate Gear abilities and teams up with her nemesis to face an even greater threat!
– Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition — In Shantae’s first full HD adventure, she must thwart a number of villainous plots perpetrated by her greatest foes! Several extra modes are included, offering new play mechanics and modified levels.
– Shantae and the Seven Sirens — New Half-Genie friends, new transformations, and new enemies await as Shantae travels to tropical Paradise Island where a mysterious sunken city lies beneath the waves. Featuring a new collectible Monster Card system and an animated intro by Studio TRIGGER!