UPDATE: Clouded Leopard Entertainment will not be publishing the game in the West and will publish the game in Asia only (excluding Japan). NIS America will bring the game to […]
UPDATE: Clouded Leopard Entertainment will not be publishing the game in the West and will publish the game in Asia only (excluding Japan). NIS America will bring the game to the West early in 2022. The game will launch with both Japanese and English voice options.
Clouded Leopard Entertainment has announced that it will be publishing FuRyu’s Monark in the West and that the game will release day-and-date with the Japanese release on the 14th of October 2021. The game will come to the West on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC and Switch. The game will launch with a Japanese dub but Clouded Leopard Entertainment has confirmed that an English dub will be available post-launch via a free update.
Details via Clouded Leopard Entertainment:
You suddenly awaken in Shin Mikado Academy. Before you is a barrier separating the campus from the rest of the outside world.
Within the academy grounds are the madness-inducing Mist, cryptic phone calls that connect to the Otherworld, and seven Pactbearers–each with their own Daemonic power ruled by their Egos.
To resist the irrationality surrounding you, you acquire the Authority of Vanity, a Daemonic power that subsists off of your Ego and madness. You and your four companions then establish the True Student Council, with you as their vice president. Together, you fight to return the academy back to normality.
At Shin Mikado Academy, you’ll befriend and fight alongside four companions who will lead you to four separate destinies.
Whose hand will you ultimately take?
Where will their paths lead you?
How will these four fates converge?
Only you, the master of your own destiny, can find out.
– Wield Your Madness to Your Advantage – Activating your Authority grants you power in exchange for raising your MAD Gauge. When your MAD Gauge reaches max, you enter a state of Madness, causing you to attack enemies and allies alike for several turns before self-destructing. Controlling the madness effectively can help turn the tide in battle.
– Fight Back Against the Daemonic Forces – Control up to six characters in a turn-based, free movement battle system. Attack enemies from behind and resonate with surrounding allies to perform combo attacks. Situational awareness and calculated decision-making are the keys to victory.
– Explore an Academy Thrown into Disarray – Within the Mist are phone calls that connect you to the Otherworld. You must explore every inch of the Mist to resolve the mysterious anomalies plaguing the academy.
– Seven Axis Points Map Out Your Desires – Pride, Wrath, Envy, Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Sloth. Your affinity for each will change according to how you answer the diagnostic tests you are given throughout the story. How your Ego develops rests upon your own desires.
– Fiends: Reflections of your Ego – Fiends are Daemons that answer only to you. Different types can be unlocked for each of your seven desires. Strengthening your Ego increases the range of cosmetic customization options for your Fiends, as well as how much their equipment can be enhanced.
Theme Song Trailer: