Bandai Namco Entertainment has announced that Tales of Arise will release on the 10th of September 2021 for the PlayStation 4, PC and Xbox One. Native PlayStation 5 and Xbox […]
Bandai Namco Entertainment has announced that Tales of Arise will release on the 10th of September 2021 for the PlayStation 4, PC and Xbox One. Native PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series versions of the game were also confirmed, users that purchase a PS4 or Xbox One copy of the game will get the next-gen upgrade for free.
New Game Information:
- Ufotable are doing the animated scenes for the game, Tales of Arise has the most animated scenes in the franchise.
- The game has more unannounced party members.
- “Boost Attacks” is a support action that can be performed as many times as you wish so long as the requirements are met. Each character will have their own boost attack.
- “Boost Strike” is a finishing move, boost strikes can change depending on which characters are around.
- Mystic Ates, Artes, and Skills will return.
- Combat is significantly faster than previous Tales of games.
- Evasion is a key part of battle now due to the speed of combat, evading attacks will allow you to perform counterattacks.
- The game will have an auto function for those that aren’t as good at action games.
- There won’t be a victory screen anymore, battle begins immediately after encountering an enemy and you return to the field as soon as you defeat an enemy.
- You’ll be able to talk to party members after battles.
- The development team want to release a playable experience for the game but will have to decide on the format due to COVID-19.
PS5 & Xbox Series Upgrades:
- The game will have a performance mode and a graphics mode. Performance mode will run at 60 fps and graphics mode will run at 4K.
- The game supports haptic feedback on the DualSense controller for PS5, when using magic you’ll be able to feel the difference between fire and magic. Other support features will be revealed at a later date.