Daiki Itoh, director of Persona 5 The Royal, and Kazuhisa Wada, the producer, have revealed new information about the game in a recent interview with Famitsu. Here’s the rundown:
- The subtitle “The Royal” was chosen to express the teams enthusiasm to make a gorgeous game.
- The third semester volume of the game is being made in a way that will go beyond the expectations of Persona 4 Golden players.
- Kasumi is a confidant that you can level up, she will add a new perspective to the story and will expose the Phantom Thieves in a new light. As you play through the game you will see a new side to her, one that is different from the trailers.
- Maruki is also a confidant that you can level up, he is an extremely nice guy.
- There are more new unannounced confidants in the game.
- There is a scene where a mysterious handsome guy sleeps in the same bed as the Protagonist.
- The game is will make it easier to earn experience points so that it can be played at a higher tempo.
- Player assist will consider you parameters and confidants, then it will suggest a destination, which you can move to with the press of a button.
- If you have an existing Persona 5 save file you will get a bonus in Persona 5 The Royal but your save won’t carry through.
- Persona 5 The Royal has 20 new background songs.
Persona 5 The Royal will be releasing on the 31st of October 2019 in Japan, exclusively on the PlayStation 4, the game is also due out in the West in 2020.